Wednesday, July 8, 2009



I got up at 3:30 am to get a shot of a Lighthouse. I must be crazy... But the Community Foundation needed a photo of a lighthouse for their Annual Report, so off I went in the dark of night. 
You must be there in the dark, find the best camera angle and be ready. Only a 10 minute window to shoot while the sky is dark but filled with color, and the pre dawn light warms the subject giving it shape. If the sun's rays peek above the horizon you loose. Go home and get up early again tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for this picture so delicate and particular:is truly beautiful.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glen Hartjes excellent blog with great pictures, Thank you for being followed by photos of Imagination Creativity and José Ramón welcome.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is full of charm, full of poetic images, crisp ... a window to the wonderful nature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I've driven by that lighthouse dozens of times and it has never looked that nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, thank you for visit my blog. I love this photo!! Very good!

    Bye, Elena

    ReplyDelete