Saturday, January 9, 2010

Snowflakes and Stars, a reply.

Your comments and feedback are important to me. When someone comments here I try my best to go to their blog and see what they have been up to. Sometimes I comment, when appropriate, sometimes not. But I do try to visit all of you.
My intent was not to create an instructional blog, however I do not mind sharing how I create these Images if it will help you. So if you have the need to know, ask away.
My work schedule may dictate how fast I answer your questions, so please be patient and I will do my best to help.
A few people have asked me about my Snowflakes and Stars post.
First, I do not use any special software other than Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. I don't use HDR at this time. If you would like to see HDR, I would suggest checking out Dan Felstead, http://woodandpixels.blogspot.com/ his work is the best in my opinion.

Myth Busters.
So, M. Hassan, and VALKYRIEN,
Snowflakes and Stars was shot in one exposure. The snowflakes are Christmas ornaments hung with clear fishing line, and the stars are small Christmas tree lights. The background was a large sheet of blue textured stained glass with light coming from behind. No, it was not cold in the studio. That is only If we are shooting ice cream.
The most difficult thing about this capture was getting everything on Santa's Sleigh, without breaking the stained glass...

So there you have it, stay tuned for the update on the inside of the small church in Mexico.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for the snow flakes explanation.

    Its still an amazing shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glen,
    Thanks for responding to my latest post. I checked out the slide show from your trip to Newfoundland and the pics were fantastic. You captured some of the prime landscape NL is famous for. When you live here you often forget what a fantastic place you live in. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and plan to come back. Please send me an email through my website (link on my blog) so I will have your email address. I noticed you are also a woodworker. So is my husband. Lots in common! You need to make links for your next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahaaaa :) Thank you for some really good ideas :) I have stored my snowflakedecorations in the basement until next christmas - but maby I have to bring them up here for some photoexperiments :) "Snowflakes and stars" is an absolutly amazing photo! I love it :)

    Btw: Happy new year to you and your dear ones :) I really look forward to follow you and your work in 2010 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My snowflake decorations are favorites but I was unable to "capture" them in a way that showed the special way they reflect the light ... your photo was beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glen,

    Thank you for the mention of my HDR photos. However they pale in comparison to your beautiful images! Have a great New Year.

    jDan

    ReplyDelete