Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Petros Tunnel 13 Guitar



"A few days ago I photographed a new guitar, The Tunnel 13 for good friend, and Master Luthier, Bruce Petros.
I hope you enjoy the pictures, but the sound from this guitar and the story behind the wood is even better. The Redwood front came from timbers salvaged from Southern Pacific Railroad's Siskiyou Summit Tunnel 13 built in the 1880s. These timbers were witness to a hold up by the DeAuyremont Brothers, of the Southern Pacific Train #13 Gold Special, on October 11, 1923. This later became known as, "The Last Great American Train Robbery".
The rest of the story can be found on the Petros web site, it's a great story.
A link to his web site can be found in "My Favorite Sites" on the right side this page. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Glen
    Thank you for the kind words you left at my blog/photograph. I love the "story behind the wood" that you included with your guitar pictures. I find stories like that fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... those are great pics! what a kool story, thanks for sharing.
    ps. the frog is now full!
    smiles...

    ReplyDelete